This type of training, content is delivered through the computer, using any combination of text, video, audio, chat rooms, or interactive assessment. It can be as basic as reading text on a screen or as advanced as answering quiz questions based on a computerised video that the trainee has viewed.
Materials are also easy to update, so your training is always in step with your industry
Benefits of E-learning
- Computer-based training programs are easy to use.
- They can often be customised or custom designed.
- They are good for helping employees develop and practice new skills.
- They are useful for refresher training. They are applicable to self-directed learning.
- They can be cost-effective because the same equipment and program can be used by large numbers of employees.
- They are flexible because trainees can learn at their own pace and at a time that’s convenient for them. Computer-based programs are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No matter which shift an employee works, training is always available.
- Some programs are interactive, requiring trainees to answer questions, make choices, and experience the consequences of those choices. This interaction generally results in greater comprehension and retention.
- They are uniform, which makes it possible to standardise training.
- They are measurable. When computers are used for training, it is possible to track what each employee has learned right on the computer. Most programs have post-tests to determine whether the employee has understood the training. Test scores give trainers statistics for training evaluations.
Our e-learning courses can be linked with a learning management system, or LMS that makes trainees’ progress trackable, which makes recordkeeping very easy for the training administrator.